Do you dream of becoming the next rock star? Are you looking for drum lessons that are fun and engaging?
Joy Music Studio in Singapore is the perfect place to get started toward that dream!
Why take Drum Lessons at our Music School?
At Joy Music Studio,
- We offer drum lessons for students of ALL AGES at various competency levels.
- We customize our drum lessons to suit the needs of each student based on their
- prior drumming experience, and
- musical preferences.
Our fantastic drum teachers are joyful, passionate, experienced, and patient. They love drumming, so the volume doesn’t bother them! ☺ (However, we do provide the use of headphones to protect sensitive ears.)
Acoustic Drums and Electric Drums
We provide both acoustic and electric drum sets for our students. We also provide headphones for use in our studios.
What will students learn in our Drum Lessons?
In our Music School, we strive to bring out the best in our students with practical and interesting drum lessons.
- We teach our students using music they love. Our music library has a vast range of songs spanning hits from the 1970s to recent years.
- They will learn key drumming skills, including tempos and strokes, paradiddles, flams, and ratamacue.
- They will also learn how to read notation, master their technique, and be creative.
- At the beginner level, we focus on developing the student’s interest in drumming and building a strong foundation in drumming.
- At the intermediate level, we focus on helping our students improve their drumming skills, including improvisation, speed, and drumming to different music genres, etc.
- We also organize various performances throughout the year to develop their confidence and ability to perform in public.
But don’t just take our word for it, see what our students say about our adult music lessons:
Still not sure if drums are the right instrument for you or your child?
Here are even more Benefits to taking Drum Lessons
- Drum lessons are ideal for young kids from age 4 years and up… and also for seniors.
- Firstly, playing the drums reinforces hand, eye, and leg coordination.
- And secondly, keeping time with a fast beat is a great exercise that keeps you mentally alert.
- Our lessons are FUN and ENGAGING, taught by highly energetic drum teachers who are also professional performers
- Select your favourite song, and we’ll help you master it.
Do you want to take a Graded Exam in Drums?
Our drum teachers can prepare students to get “rockin’ good” marks using the Rockschool or Trinity College London exam syllabi.
Both Rockschool and Trinity’s Rock & Pop certifications are internationally recognised for rock and pop drummers.